Home Remedies to Remove Unwanted Hair
The home remedies given here for Unwanted hair removal are very easy to follow. Find out which of the method is most suitable for your unwanted Hair.
1. Sugar Lemon Mix For Facial Hair
Sugar mixed with water and lemon juice will help in exfoliating your face and offer natural bleach to your face. The lemon juice used will help in lightening the color of your facial hair. These three ingredients combine to help effectively remove hair on your face as well as other parts of the body. It is advisable not to use these ingredients on sensitive parts.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 10 tablespoons of water
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- One small bowl
- Mix sugar and water in the small bowl.
- Once the sugar solution is ready, add lemon juice into the bowl and mix well.
- Now apply this sugar and lemon mixture on your face in the direction of hair growth on the face.
- Allow this mixture to rest on your face for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with water after 20 minutes, by rubbing the mixture gently with your hands.
- Repeat this process two to three times a week to see a reduction in facial hair.
2. Sugar, Honey and Lemon Mixture for Hair on Legs and Arms
Sugar mixed with water, lemon and honey is a very good home remedy to remove unwanted hair from your body. It acts like wax and is very effective in removing unwanted hair growth on legs and arms. This procedure would be a bit painful as it is more or less similar to waxing and plucking done in beauty parlors.
INGREDIENTS AND TOOLS
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of organic honey
- Water (optional to make the paste thinner)
- Cornstarch or all purpose flour- 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Piece of cloth or waxing strip
- Spatula for waxing or butter knife
- In a small bowl, take sugar, lemon and honey and mix them well.
- Heat this mixture for three minutes in a vessel to make it a smooth, free flowing paste.
- If you find the paste to be a bit thick, add water and mix well. Allow this mixture to cool at room temperature.
- Clean the body parts where you need to apply this mixture and then dust it with cornstarch or all purpose flour.
- Use the waxing spatula and apply a generous amount of warm sugar, lemon and honey mixture on the areas where you do not want to see unwanted hair.
- Apply it in the direction of the hair growth and once done cover it with a cloth or waxing strips and press to make it stick on the paste.
- Pull the strip in the opposite direction if your hair growth to effectively remove unwanted hair.
- You can repeat this process whenever you spot unwanted hair growth on your hands or legs.
3. Sugar Molasses Home Wax Treatment
Mixing sugar with molasses or corn syrup will give you the same effect that you get when mixing sugar, honey and lemon together. Magnesium is a main component seen in molasses that will help in balancing the hormones. It is quite effective in offering slow and steady relief from unwanted hair. Mixing the sugar with molasses or corn syrup will make the molasses become a depilatory wax that you can use on your hands and legs to remove unwanted hair.
- One cup sugar
- Molasses’ or dark corn syrup
- Juice of half lemon
- Cloth or waxing strip
- Take a microwave safe vessel and add sugar to it.
- Add a drizzle of molasses on top of the sugar and microwave the vessel for two to three minutes.
- Make sure that the sugar dissolves completely and then add freshly squeezed lemon juice into this mixture.
- Stir well and if needed you can microwave the mixture for another two to three minutes until all ingredients blend well.
- Allow it to cool at room temperature and when the liquid is a bit warm apply it on the hands and the legs where you see unwanted hair growth.
- Now place the waxing strip on this applied mixture and press it.
- Pull it off to get rid of unwanted hair and repeat this process whenever you spot unwanted hair growth on hands and legs. This is a painful process.
4. Lentil and Potatoes
Potatoes when combined with yellow lentil will help in effectively removing unwanted hair. Potatoes have natural bleach properties in them. The combination of these two items will help in making the hair color lighter. It is an Ayurvedic process to get rid of the hair on the face and other parts of the body.
- One potato
- A bowl of yellow lentil
- One tablespoon of honey
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Sieve or cloth
- You need to yellow lentil in water overnight.
- Peel off the skin of the potato and crush it. Take it in a bowl.
- Remove all the water from the lentil and grind it to make a paste.
- Now you need to extract the juice from the crushed potato and add it to the yellow lentil paste.
- To this mixture add freshly squeezed lemon juice and honey and mix well.
- Apply this mixture on your face and other parts of the body where you have unwanted hair.
- Leave it to rest on your body parts for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the paste completely dries out.
- Now remove the paste from the a-plied area by rubbing your fingers over the paste. The dry lentil paste will pull off the hair from your body as you rub the paste.
- You need to repeat this process two to three times in a fortnight to get rid of unwanted hair completely.
5. Alum Rosewater Treatment
Another home remedy that helps in easy unwanted hair removal that is used commonly by women in India and Pakistan is alum and rosewater treatment. Alum is easily available in the market in powdered form. If you are able to get hold of the rock of alum, then you need to grind it to make it into powder.
- Half teaspoon of alum powder
- Two to three tablespoons of rose water
- Olive oil or sesame oil (few drops)
- Cotton ball for application
- Add rose water to the alum powder placed in a small bowl.
- Dissolve the powder completely in rose water with the help of a spoon.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in the rose water mixture.
- Apply this mixture on the areas where you have unwanted hair.
- Allow it to sit there and when it dries off completely, apply the rose water and alum powder mixture once again.
- Repeat this process for an hour. If you have sensitive skin, then it is better to stop the process after 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash it off completely and then dab some sesame oil or olive oil to moisturize the area.
- Repeat this process three to four times in a week for a few weeks to completely get rid of unwanted hair.
6. Egg Mask Facial Hair Removal
Egg white is a sticky substance like sugar, lemon and honey mask. Once it dries on your face, it is very easy to pull it off and when you pull it down, the unwanted facial hair will also come along with it. But, you may experience pain when pulling off the dried egg mask.
- Half a tablespoon of Corn flour
- One egg
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Bowl for mixing
- Break an egg and take the white from the egg in a bowl.
- Add corn flour and sugar to it. Stir the ingredients well and make it a smooth paste.
- Now apply this as a face mask and allow it to dry on your face for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- It will become a think egg mask on your face once it dries completely.
- Now with a firm hand peel off the egg mask from your face in such a manner that the facial hair also is pulled out.
- Repeat this procedure two to three times in a week to completely get rid of facial hair.
7. Banana and Oatmeal Scrub
Banana is a natural ingredient that can be used to remove unwanted hair from the body when mixed with a roughening ingredient like oatmeal that will help in exfoliating your skin. The banana will help in making your skin soft and supple and oatmeal will act as the cleanser for your skin. Both combine to give unique and effective results.
- Take a ripe banana and mash it in such a way that it becomes a paste.
- To this bowl of banana paste, add one or two teaspoons of oatmeal and mix it well.
- Apply generous amount of this paste on unwanted hairs on your body and then rub it in circular motion.
- Allow this paste to sit on unwanted hair areas for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with water to remove the paste completely.
- Repeat this process two times in a week for a few weeks to get rid of unwanted hair from your body parts as well as face.
8. Raw Papaya
This remedy is suitable for all skin types including those with sensitive skin. There is an enzyme present in raw papaya called “papain” which helps restricting the growth of hair by breaking down the hair follicles from which the hair grows. This remedy is also useful in improving the texture of the skin as it works as exfoliate and removes the dead skin cells. There are two methods for using this remedy.
Method -1 (Papaya And Turmeric)
- Take peeled papaya and make it into little pieces
- Grind the pieces to make fine paste
- Take 2 tablespoons of this papaya paste and mix it well with ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Apply this mixture to the face or legs or to the unwanted hair on other parts of the body
- Massage the skin with this mixture for about 15-20 minutes and later wash it with water
- Repeat this remedy at least twice a week to remove the unwanted body or facial hair.
Method -2 (Papaya and Aloe Vera)
- 1 tablespoon papaya paste or powder
- 3 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil
- ¼ tablespoon Gram flour
- ¼ tablespoon turmeric powder
- 2 drops of any essential oil
- Clean and dry cloth
- Any moisturizer or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Mix papaya paste, gram flour, Aloe Vera gel and turmeric powder, mustard oil and essential oil to make a thick paste
- Apply this paste on the areas of hair growth in the opposite direction of hair growth
- Allow the paste to dry for 15-20 minutes
- Take the clean and dry cloth and remove the dried paste by rubbing the cloth in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Wash the area with water and pat dry using the towel
- Now massage a few drops of olive oil, baby oil or moisturizer on the area
- Repeat the remedy 3-4 times a week for about 3 months to remove the unwanted hair completely.
Turmeric has been in use for treating skin diseases for centuries in India. Apart from having antibacterial and antiseptic properties turmeric also helps in preventing hair growth. This is a simple but effective method for hair removal. Different methods have to be used for removing thin hairs and for removing thick and dense hair
PROCESS FOR THIN HAIR
- Take one or two teaspoons of turmeric powder or enough quantity to cover the area of hair growth
- Soak this powder in sufficient quantity of rose water, milk or water to make it a smooth paste which can be applied to face comfortably.
- Keep the paste applied on the face or affected area for about 15-20 minutes or till it gets dry
- Wash off the paste with warm water after 20 minutes
PROCESS FOR DENSE HAIR
- Use turmeric in combination with gram flour or ground oats or rice flour along with milk and use it in a similar way as mentioned in the process for thin hair.
Chickpea flour or gram flour has been used traditionally by Indian mothers to keep their child’s skin soft and clean. They use the gram flour mixed with turmeric, water or milk to apply to the skin to remove unwanted hair growth and to treat the skin problems. Here is the chick flour mask remedy to remove hair growth.
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh cream
- ½ cup milk
- Mix chickpea flour, turmeric, fresh cream and milk in a bowl to make a paste without lumps
- Apply this paste on the body from where you want to remove the hair
- Make sure that each hair in the area is covered with the paste
- Keep the paste on the skin for about 20-30 minutes
- When the paste is dried, rub off the mask with your hands. You may wet your hands before rubbing the mask
- You should rub in the opposite direction of hair growth
- Wash the mask applied area with lukewarm water
- Repeat this 3-4 times a week to get rid of hair growth
11. Safflower Oil- Thanaka Home Remedy
Thanaka is a very popular tree in Myanmar whose bark is used for cosmetic purposes. It is yellowish in color and when mixed with Safflower will help in easily getting rid of unwanted hair on the face and other body parts easily. Safflower oil will help in cleansing and making your skin get softer and smoother. Thanaka powder is a natural body hair inhibitor that will help in easily removing unwanted hair.
- Take thanaka powder in a bowl and use as much powder as you need to cover the unwanted hair growth areas.
- Now add sufficient amount of Safflower oil to the powder and mix it well.
- Apply this mixture on the body areas where you do not want the unwanted hair and leave it to rest there overnight.
- Wash it off with water early next morning.
- Use this mixture every day for two to three months to see effective results.
12. Onion and Basil
Onion is a natural ingredient that will help in making your skin look beautiful and will also help in removing unwanted hair when mixed with basil leaves. The trick here is to find out the thin transparent membranes of onion skin that lies between the onion layers.
- Take the thin onion membranes from two medium sized onions and crush it with 10 to 12 basil leaves to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the unwanted hair in your body.
- Leave it there for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Wash it off and pat dry. Repeat this process three to four times a week for one to two months to remove the unwanted hair from your body.
- Make sure to continue this process until the hair is completely removed from its roots.